Sunday, February 9, 2014

Top 5 College Movies

When I started college, I knew there were going to be a few movies that ev-ery-one had seen and maybe some movies that were borderline cult films. I assumed Star Wars would be one of them, but the disgust the hipster geeks had for the prequels squelched any hope of that. The Ring was another guess I made, but apparently that was more of a high school era film.

Therefore, ladies and gentlemen, I have composed to the best of my ability the top five movies of my college experience. These movies were the most quoted, the most seen, and the most likely to be played in the background to a game of euchre or with 'Sunny D' in-hand. 




 #5

 Zombieland

I'm pretty sure this movie reminded us how much we love Twinkies. I'm also pretty Zombieland is why we freaked out over the Hostess scare last year. Thanks to Zombieland, we now have numerical rules for life, we realized how B.A. Emma Stone is, and we remembered how much we love Bill Murray. Oh. And how much we hate clowns. So get past the gore and have a laugh.

P.S. Be a hero. 



 #4

Super Troopers

For all it's weirdness, I have to admit, I enjoy this movie. Totally thought it was the dumbest thing ever when I saw it for the first time. It's vulgar and the story line is weak, but hey, you gotta love the classics, right? If you hear your twenty-something saying the word 'meow' a lot, it's because they've seen this movie.

P.S. You may need more Maple Syrup. Or powdered sugar.





#3

Zoolander

Sadly, I've only seen this one once. But I hear about it. ALL THE TIME. In my opinion, the best installment of Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson ever. So if you're really really really good looking and you want to read good and do other things good, you should watch it sometime.

P.S. Will Farrell is also in it. *yesss!*





 #2
 
The Breakfast Club
As I said earlier, the classics never die. John Hughes was pretty ahead of his time. The older I get, the more I understand the themes of this movie. The less I hate Bender and the more I hate Richard Vernon. We've all got our own problems, our own brokeness. Sometimes you need your own group of misfits to admit that and start working through it.

P.S. Don't you forget about me.







#1
Mean Girls
"On Wednesdays, we wear pink" and "Boo you whore" were too very important lines to take away from this movie. Tina Fey managed to (mostly) reconcile a whole gym of high school girls and a dude in a blue hoody was brave enough to point out the fact that "she doesn't even go here!"

P.S. Fetch is never going to happen.








Do you agree with my top 5? If you've got movies you think I missed or you totally think I was off base with a few, let me know! I want to know about your college experience.

Keep Calm & Stay Fetch


No comments: